Monday, June 15, 2015

Ebon Week 18: June 15

Good news! Both Amy and Russell were baptized and confirmed this week. The Iroiu (Lord) of Ebon passed away. Work is going well and I may have begun to go insane.

Amy and Russell: Rusell hadn't smoked or broken The Word of Wisdom since we blessed him and he felt he was prepared to get baptised. It has been a neat experience to find them and study with them from brand new investigators to Ebon's recent members. I had the opportunity to baptize them in the ocean and it was a way cool experience. It was great to see them bear testimonies about the church; Amy shared how her life was just lost and pointless; Russell about the gratitude he had for everything. I am really proud of these two.

The Iroiu died late Saturadya night of Sunday morning so today and yesterday we have had funeral customs. Sunday people just went and sat outside of their house then today we went in and the coffin was sitting in the house and a few people gave a few remarks. It's expected for the burial the plane will ground so a few people can attend. I heard the President of the Marshall Islands might come. It's slowed work a little and until it's over the work here will probably not be happening.

I fear I may be going insane just because I've been here forever; it's now been 4 months. I don't know if I cold do another two months here. The island is tiny and I know everybody more of less in Ebon. It's bad. I've started getting annoyed with people, pretty mych all the people living around us. ONe of the members-Irena-I cannot stand at all. She's just annoying and always comes and asks for things. It sucks just work is going good but everything is so slow. Also, not having contact from the outside world is hard.

This week as I read in Jacob, I was able to understand the allegory of the olive tree. In Jacob 5:70-72 it reads "and it cam to pass that the Lord of the vineyard sent his servant; the the servant went and did as the Lord commanded him and brought other servants; and they were few. And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: go to, and labor in the vineyard with all your might. For behold, this is hte last time I will nourish my vineyard, for the end is night at hand, and the season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself against the time which will soon come." This is God's last dispensation and we have to work hard to share the gospel and work diligently. I know I must work hard ot share this church and am obligated because I have been blessed with so much.

Love you guys,
Elder Weenig

P.S. Happy Birthday Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment