Monday, April 27, 2015

Ebon Week 11: April 27, 2015

There has been a lot of exciting things happening this week. First, I'll have a new companion, Elder Ayala. I am way excited to be working with him. He is this kid from Washington and one of my favorite people in the mission. Also, top record of 34 people at church, 11 were investigators. This week has been way good but still some hard parts.

Sunday was really good. Investigators who came: Anije and Bahn, Amy and Russell, and Elabene. The other people who come are good but just not interested in studying right now. It's way cool to know we have that many people coming to church. I spoke in church and spoke for 20 minutes about baptism. Baptism is one thing that's way good just the more I learn about the gospel, the easier and simply I can share about it. Also, Sunday we had a bunch of food given to us, just a lot of members and investigators. We got a dozen fish, half a dozen taro, and a whole breadfruit. After church Relief Society was established. Now the branch will almost be ready to not have to depend on the Elders to function.

Some of the days this week have been hard, just not even having any lessons or maybe just one. I just get fed up and want to leave and almost bad enough to consider coming home. That's why I'm so stoked about Sunday. It really made me redevelop my outlook on Ebon and help me push forward in the work. I'll think I'm just on this island in the middle of nowhere with a few amount of people. There is a poem that reminds me a lot of Ebon.

Where shall I work today?
Master, where shall I work today?
My love flowed warm and free.
He pointed out a tiny spot 
And said, "tend that for me."
I answered quickly-oh no, not there
Not anyone could see,
No matter how well my work was done;
Not that little spot for me.
When He spoke, He was not stern
But he answered tenderly,
"Little one, search that heart of thine; 
Are you working for them or for me?
Nazareth was a little place
And so was Galilee."

Meade Macquire

I am grateful to be here. I honestly prefer it more than Majuro. People here are hard working and really nice. Life is slow. So, although there are a lot of struggles and difficulties it's overall pretty good.

Love,
Elder Weenig

P.S. I am now a pro at the Law of Moses; the Old Testament can drag on but it's pretty good.



No comments:

Post a Comment