Monday, August 24, 2015

Ebon Week 28: August 24

Yet another week in Ebon. I have finished the Doctrine and Covenants and there is absolutely no work to be done meaning I'm bored out of my mind and go more and more insane.

I'm not sure what to read now. I've read all the standard works. Along with all the scriptures I've read all those manuals as well as Presidents of the Church and Eternal Marriage manuals. I've finished Jesus the Christ, Miracle of Forgiveness, In Tune, Power to Become, Autuobiography of Parley P. Pratt, History of Joseph Smith, Lectures on Faith, besides countless Lioahonas and othe rbook I"ve read in the past month. I am grateful for how much time I have had to read the scriptures. Also really glad I have an iPod so I could read all those other books. The knowledge and understanding of reading Doctrine and Covenants alone is insane. To think where I was spiritually before Ebon, before my mission, is lightyears behind. The only problem is I don't have anything else to read or do. I'm reading the Book of Mormon in Marshallese. I'll probably reread the scriptures I'm just not sure because I feel like I've just read them all.

This week because of no investigators Ayala and I ahve been going around doing service and just going on jambos. Thursday we went to Anen Aetok with Emi and Russell and a few others. We dragged the boat-the one the Mexican guy floated up on, all the way to Ebon, Ebon. We went down at 10:00 and got home at 5:00 so pretty late day. Ayala, Russell and me dragging it in the water. Some parts of Iar have a lot of coral so my feet are all cut up. Wednesday Ayala walked down to the channel where all the boats come in. It was pretty cool the channel just has a big prop off and there was a bunch of birds fishing at the time. Because of all that I've gotten pretty dark here.

Speaking on the phone with Majuro Tuesdays is useless. I try to tell them I'm insane but they don't listen and tell me I'll be fine. I guess it is just two and a half more weeks so I guess I can keep sitting around. Luckily we do have some movies to keep us sane. Don't worry, they are Disney and church movies. It's fun to watch The Other Side of Heaven because of how simlar it is and picking up on things only people in the outer islands understand. A lot of times Ayala and I just quote the Disney movies to each other. Both of us are just insane. There was a fishing boat and everyone said it had food on it. Sadly, it had nothing and I'm just hungry most of the time. I checked and the scale at the airport said I had lost 10 pounds.

Well I'm fine. I'm learning patience and relying on God. I now know what it's like to be stuck on a tropical island in the middle of nowhere. Miss you guys but on a positive note it will be a very short time when we Facetime in September until Christmas.

With love,
Elder Weenig

No comments:

Post a Comment