Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas 2015

Wow well it's almost Christmas and it's exciting. Work is slowing down a bit as people are getting ready for Christmas. I honestly still feel that I haven't been on my mission that long and now I'm about to celebrate my 2nd Christmas here. 
  One of my favorite memories this week was being thanked for breaking into someone's house. So one of the houses where one of the seminary kids live gate was locked so I just climbed over it to go wake them up. Waking up Marshallese kids for seminary is not just telling them to get up but, having to physically dragging them out of bed. Well one of the members in the house the other day was just telling me how me jumping the gate to wake him up is like saving souls from spirit prison and bringing them to the light. I was laughing that they were so grateful about it. Another morning going to seminary we had a big group that was about to go walk down and it starts raining. Some of the kids wanted to wait for a taxi and then I just yell run and start going and then just a big group of a dozen kids running to seminary at 5 in the morning. 
   I bought Soromon and I nickel boards this week. It's kind of funny because Soromon has no idea but I'm trying to teach it. Before I bought them I didn't think about how screwed up the roads and how rough they are. It's all good they were only $10, I have a neon pink one and Soromon a neon yellow. Whenever we ride them around Marshallese kids call out give that to me I want that, so it can get a little annoying to ride them around. 
   Investigators are doing well. Started with a kid Renny. He would always come and hang around when we taught lessons to some other people. I asked him if he wanted to study and got him going to seminary. Way good kid he's 15 and he also got his little brother to start studying with us as well. The 26th were planning on having a good amount of baptisms throughout the district. We had a bunch of investigators who wanted to be baptized on that date. Only one of investigators is ready but it's good that the rest are excited about being baptized. 
   Monday night the island had a combined family home evening with each of the three branches put together a nativity scene. All of them were way good. One had all the kids dressed up like angels imitating the visits to Mary, Joseph, and the Angels. By far the best one was our branch, Ebeye 2nd, because Elder Soromon and Sister Ramsin were Joseph and Mary. Super funny they used a black baby doll for baby Jesus and all the woman thought it was the funniest thing. This week it's been hard thinking about family and other stuff going on back home but it's fine keep working hard and doing good. Merry Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment