Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Ebeye: April 3, 2016

Iakwe from Ebeye
 This week has been alright. Elder Kim has been sick quite a bit but, I'm not too sure how much is laziness and how much is actual illness. I've been working with Nelson a lot, Elder Polson keeps telling me I have to blindside him so I might just have to take him home with me. He's only 14 but definitely the best kid in the ward to work with because he's not lazy at all and really great about sharing his testimony and will teach part of the lesson as well. 
  Went on splits with the elders in the south area my first one since being here in Ebeye. So finally worked the other half of the island, it can be nice to switch it up rather than seeing the same people all day but, at the same time I do miss seeing my investigators. While I was with Elder Polson we were teaching this girl from Kiribati and I swear when we gave her the Book of Mormon in Kirbati she wanted to cry with joy. Elder Waniel has been sick for almost two weeks so we finally took him to the hospital and is getting a lot better. Worked with Sonny so good for him, although at the end of the day he was pretty exhausted. Basically I worked with Kim Monday and Friday then the rest of the days with some of the youth in the ward. 
  Other news with investigators is that Randa went back to one of the smaller islands Abeton with her aunt. Rayna's parents are good with her being baptized but want us to study with her a bit longer. The week didn't go exactly as planned and we probably won't have any investigators ready for baptized anytime soon but, work is going pretty well. 
   New members are doing well. Found out this week Diosi is getting a calling as a young men's leader. Renny and Joel are solid, Renny is pretty good at coming to seminary. Some of the others that were baptized a little bit ago haven't been too good. Both Junior and Sonny have missed church the last two weeks but, have been good at seminary so we went and visited them Sunday night. Always sad seeing some of the new members starting to backslide. Have been focusing on finding old members that are less and inactive to strengthen them. Sunday morningcontinued with the sunrise testimonies and always great to have the youth have their own time to share their testimonies. 
   And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father! And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!
(Doctrine and Covenants 18:15,16) As I'm reading through the scriptures I continually find more and more verses that share about missionary work. This week I feel with less actives just the importance of missionary work and helping them to realize one of the most important things they're doing in their lives is raising their children and teaching them the gospel. That they must strive to do everything they can to help their children understand Jesus Christ and to gain their own testimonies. Than from that joy that work they can go so much further to share the gospel with extended family and friends. Missing you guys. 

Love 
Elder Weenig

No comments:

Post a Comment