Monday, March 28, 2016

March 20

This week has gone by really quickly. I swear I was just typing up a letter yesterday. Our preparation days are now switched to Saturday so we'll be able to relax in the day and then if there is we'll have baptisms in the evening. One of our investigators Sonny was baptized. Work is going good and time is flying. 
   Oh I did get sick this week so it put me out of work Tuesday night and Wednesday then Thursday dragged myself through the day. It's pretty strange it seems like everyone over Ebeye his catching the same bug. I had diarrhea and extremely bead headache and all I could do was sleep. Wednesday we had district meeting and I did it sitting down. Afterwards we came back and I told Elder Kim he needed to find people to do splits and then just knocked out. He ended up working with Nelson and I stayed at the house with Sonny. 
  Have a lot of couples both new and less actives that we visit. The only problem is that most people are at work and so everyone wants to study between 5-8 basically so it can be hard to schedule at times. It's been good seeing the less active couples we work with coming back to church more often just a little harder getting new investigators to come to church. 
   This Sunday the branch president asked Elder Kim and I and the sisters if we could speak. I chose to talk about Temples and preparing ourselves. Shared the verses in the book of Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord 6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse. Then talked about how Elijah has already come and restored those keys in the first temple in these latter days. I made the point that in this church we are not only missionaries for the living but for the dead as well. How every member needs to prepare themselves for the temple. That we not only need to prepare ourselves and our families but the names of those who have died so we they can be baptized and we can be sealed to them as well. I had a lot of fun talking about the subject and found out quite a few good things. Well this church is true and I'm glad to be on a mission. 

Love you all, 
Elder S. Weenig

P.S. I have started the book of Doctrine and Covenants and will have a section to read everyday until the end of my mission (138 sections/days) 


S. Weenig

No comments:

Post a Comment