Friday, September 19, 2014

Week 4

After three weeks in the MTC all the days and times are blending together. The days feel like weeks, but the weeks feel like days. It feels like I have been gone for a week and also six months. I am enjoying the people in the MTC so much. We definitely have the best zone. We have a new zone leader who is very strict and self righteous, so he can be hard to get along with and he is also in my district. He is really bossy and tries to tell us how and when to do every little thing. I also have been playing frisbee in front of the temple everyday for gym time with my friends, Elder Buhler and Elder Young. The language is good, very different from anything else in the world. When speaking it you need to pronounce every letter in the word. Also it can be very confusing because in the Marshall Islands spelling does not matter so I have seen the same word spelled a lot of different ways. It is coming though, it is a weird thought to thing I only even heard this language three weeks to how well I know it now. We have one kid in my district who believes thats we will be speaking English in the Marshall Islands so he has not put a lot of effort into the language. We played scripture jeopardy in class and I swear the rest of my class knows all these weird details about the Scriptures, like the names of the sons of Isaiah and Noah. While my companion and I have no idea what is going on. My district is very interesting and a lot of times hard to deal with but I love them and they are great kids. The food has not gotten better, but my tolerance has I kind of enjoy eating rice everyday and it is preparing me for the Marshall Islands where I will probably eat it out there everyday too. Love and miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment