Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 3

The MTC can we really hard at times we are sitting most of the day and we have to food that isn't very good. It is frustrating being told what to do and follow a strict schedule. I was talking to my teacher Brother McOmie and he said that he hated the MTC when he was here and explained it was so hard because you are changing every aspect of your life. You are being told when to eat, you don't have much choice when you do eat and you are required to wear certain clothes and sit most of the day. A lot of devotionals are really good, but they start off with one of the speaker's wifes who usually have that Utah county really soft condescending accent and it can be hard to stay awake. This Tuesday though there were rumors that Holland or Uchtdorf were coming so people started lining up an hour and a half before it started. It wasn't Holland or Uchtdorf, but Sitati, I think the only black man in the church presidency. It was really good Sitati and his wife talked about their lives growing up in Kenya. But the thing I like most instead of talking about themselves our sharing stories they talked about the things as missionaries to be grateful for and to remember. We must remember what a blessing and opportunity it is to be here. The MTC should be taken advantage of because time is limited. He also told us that  "the greatest gift we will ever receive is that of the gospel, and it is by far the greatest gift we can give away." On our Sunday night devotional the speaker asked for everyone with family members less or inactive in the church to stand up, around 95% of the audience stood up. It made me realize how truly blessed I am to have not only my immediate family but all my extended family to be church members who support the church and fully support the fact that I am voluntarily serving a two year mission. I believe we have all stayed such strong church members is because how close we are and we are able to support one another. I want you to know that I am not only serving a mission for myself but for all of my family, the blessings it will give you and the example it is to my younger cousins. I know the MTC is hard for me and it can be hard to get through the day, but I need to be taking full advantage of every second here. I have already learned so much about Marshallese and the Gospel here and I will be able to learn and grow so much more. Love, Elder Sweenig
I really wonder if they would let me get a name tag with "Elder Sweenig" instead of "Elder Weenig" I will keep you updated



No comments:

Post a Comment