Wednesday, July 27, 2016

July 10th

 3 more weeks to go. I'm a little sad knowing that I'll be leaving soon but, leaving working hard and on a good note. Although there is several people I still wish I could stay and teach I'm glad I'll be able to see a few through baptism. Probably none this upcoming Saturday but potentially seven if not more the following week, coincidentally will be my last Saturday in Ebeye. 
   Well Monday was 4th of July so the plan was to go watch the fireworks from the top of the elders apartment, the tallest building on island with 3 stories. However found out that this year they didn't do any fireworks over in Kwajalein military base and it's done only every other year. Still chilled on the roof for a little bit talking about life and eating some snacks. Just thinking it will be my last holiday in the Marshall Islands is exciting. 
   Sister Elanzo left us to go back to the main island of Majuro. Sad to see her go it's so weird having a missionary leave this little district of Ebeye because it's never the same. Sister Paku just came from the MTC so sister Clark is training. She's from New Zealand and way chill. She's already got a great nickname Sister Paku or Sister Shark. I'll most likely finish my work in Ebeye with Kalinowski before Salanoa and I fly back to Majuro a few days before we leave island. 
  Work has been going extremely well and were averaging 30+ lessons a week so it's nice to stay busy. Have quite a few investigators so we'll get out around noon if not earlier and work until 8-9 non stop. 
  One of our investigators now is Jorbi. His wife Mary Ann is an old member and they were able to get married back in March with Elder Waniel. He has been studying for a while and has gone through quite a bit of elders, studied with him for a bit in December and January. One of the lessons we had though talked about Thomas S. Monson and present day apostles and we asked him to read some of Monson's talks and to pray about it. The next lesson he told us that he knows that Thomas S. Monson has the spirit of God with him so he's progressing well. Plus I know her, Mary Ann, son Nephi from back in Utah and I was able to find a few pictures of him online. 
   Betty is doing really well and is on track to be baptized with her daughter, Mathlynn, the 23rd of this month. Her and her boyfriend, Willy, will be married this upcoming week. Willy hasn't studied yet but he has warmed up to us a lot. Started with them because he asked us to teach him when he was drunk. Whenever we teach her we have a member with us or take her to someone's house. Her brother is always one of the strong members in the ward, Hener. Her daughter is great and we study with her and some of her friends and has been coming to mutual the past few weeks. The other day she shared how she knows this church is true. 
   2nd Nephi 4:34-35 Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm. Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen

Love You All. Only a short time until I see everyone and get in contact. 

Elder Weenig


S. Weenig

No comments:

Post a Comment