Monday, February 9, 2015

Off To The Outers: EBON

I will be heading out to the outer island of Ebon this week. I am really excited to go to an outer island but that means no communication and it will be a little like camping. Missionaries who have been to outer islands say it's a nice half way point between missionary work and camping. I will be out for the next 4 months or so and I will not have access to email but I do believe I can receive letters. 

I had a really great week. Currently Elder Angilau are studying with a lot of young couples. It's really cool they're looking for the truth and trying to do what's best for their families. I believe that young families are the people who really need the gospel and the church in their life's and in turn substantially build the church here in the Marshall Islands. One of our investigators,  Jeffrey, who've we just studied with this week alone is doing well. In our third lesson with him he just like told us hey I know Thomas S. Monson is a prophet who can receive commandments today. It's amazing to see the change and some peoples faith change so fast. Quite a significant amount of people who study will just want to study every single day. Others progress a lot slower, but just being able to see the change the gospel and this church in people's life is one of the greatest things. 

Angilau and I have been able to meet with a lot of less actives this week as well. There is quite a bit of less actives here a lot of strong members can just lose their ways and it can be sad. I've seen a lot of people some past bishops and stake leaders just lost in the world. One that we went to go visit after a little small talk I just called him and his wife out basically. I looked at them and I asked "why aren't you guys going to church?" The man just replied "that is a really good question." Then went on to say how he knows the church is true and how he needs to come back. Sometimes being a missionary you just have to be bold and says what needs to be said. All of the Marshallese are Christian and know what's right and wrong so if they're doing something bad you just have to call them out and make them realize what they're doing. Calling someone can be hard because you don't want to come off as rude or like offend them but a lot of times it just needs to be said. A lot of times in missionary work and in life we just have to be straight up with people, however we need to do it with love and they'll understand. 

This church is really great and can really strengthen families and change people's life's. However the Satan works hard on those who knows its true and strong church members. We just have to be strong and stick do our faith. A lot of times keeping the commandments and enduring to the end can be difficult and a lot of times blessings come after what we do is right. I know this church is true and there are a lot of blessings in this church. Love you guys it's going to be hard to not communicate but I am doing to have a lot of cool stories to tell when I get back.





No comments:

Post a Comment