Wednesday, December 10, 2014

December 10, 2014: Testimony

I really am able to get through the day because of all of the family and friends out there supporting me. I am so grateful for the support system I have and love hearing that I am mentioned in prayers. Although the same exact weather everyday makes it not seem like the Christmas season, it really does feel like Christmas. I started off the first of this month reading about the coming of Christ to the Nephites and Lamanites. It just let’s me gain a better perspective on the season and what it really all is about. In a family home evening I shared Alma 34:32 “for behold, this is the time for men to prepare to meet
God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.” I really emphasized how blessed we are and how grateful we should be to God each day. I talked about how important it is to just focus on the things that matter in life mainly family and the gospel, everything else is just background noise. 
                One of lessons this week with a member and her less active husband we were just talking to them and sharing a spiritual message. The husband Baj said how he was watching the news the other day and they were talking about the group ISIS. He was just saying how grateful he is that they are in the Marshall Islands and how it is one of the safest places in the world and just how glad they are they don’t have to deal with any scary things like that. Even when I have bad days, I realized how much good we did that day. Even if all the lessons fall through or it’s raining all day knowing that we helped one person come closer to Christ is all that matters, that we made one difference in a person’s life. 
                Those who are thinking about serving a mission, do it. I love how much a mission has changed my life. It has not really changed my personality as much as helping me gain a testimony. I realize how true this church is. That this is the same church that Jesus Christ established during his life and it was restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. This is not a new religion but one that was the true church established by Jesus Christ himself. I love how much knowledge of the church has grown and how being in a third world country just makes me appreciate things so much more in life. A mission is something that will help you so much in life. It gives you a chance to get away from all the temporal things in life and to just be able to improve other’s lives each and every day. I am so grateful to be here, a mission is the only thing I can be doing right now love you all. Elder Weenig.

No comments:

Post a Comment